Visitors can be married just 24 hours after arriving in Jamaica providing prior application has been made for a marriage license. Cost of a license is JA$4,000 . Performing officers fees starts at US$100 depending on the location.
There are also non-denominational Jamaican Marriage Officers who can perform weddings at their offices, in their homes or at places chosen by the couples, and can provide witnesses for the ceremony.
Legal Wedding Requirements
• Proof of citizenship – certified copy of birth certificate
• Parent’s written consent if under 18
• Orginial certificate of divorce, if applicable
• Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower
• Italian nationals must notify their embassy
• French Canadians need a notarized, translated English copy of all documents and a photocopy of original documents in French.
Some hotels will make all the wedding arrangements for you. Special package prices include performance of ceremony, government taxes, transportation costs, and expenses incurred plus any other special request.
Image standing on a pristine white sandy beach in Jamaica at a resort that will organize your wedding with your family and close friends. Envision after your wedding ceremony enjoying the closeness and romance of your day with your spouse while listening to the sound of crashing waves outside of your own private seaside room or honeymoon villa.
It can be grand wedding affair or an intimate one the choice is yours should you choose to get married in Jamaica.