The Outameni Experience
The Outameni Experience is a guided tour through
Jamaica’s holistic cultural experience in art, music, dance, film and drama, and authentic Jamaican cuisine,
as well as real people representing the island's various ethnic groups.
The complex with six villages is positioned across from an old sugar mill built in 1793, below the Orange Grove
Estate Great House. All are set amid local flora, fauna and traditional trees, including the national lignum vitae
and the breadfruit trees creating an indigenous Jamaican appeal. This is all topped off by a garden, which includes
fever grass, banana, cocoa and June plum, under the watch of the resident donkey and a few goats.
In 'Di Hut', where the official tour begins, your Time Traveller briefs you on the African rhythm 'Follow Back a
Mi' that must be chanted by all on tour to appease the rainbow spirits. At the end of the tour, the pathway wends
its way to the gift shop, where unique souvenirs, made from material indigenous to Jamaica, are on sale. After
that, it's a beach party treat with two of Jamaica's Reggae beach bums on 'Di Beach'.
'Outameni' - an unforgettable experience
Price One to Four Persons
Contact us for pricing
What to take on this tour
• Beach Towel
• Cash for shopping/ Tips Etc.
What to know about this Tour:
• Payment: Deposit payment made online for reservation/ Balance payment
• Full refund if your ship changes course
• Tours take place Rain or shine with your safety
• Admissions Fees included in the cost given
• Bus picks up from the ship pier and return within time to re-join your cruise
• Guarantee to get back to ship on time